Need help with picking brakes!

-

Brian c

Reaction score
I have a 1973 /6 dart sport that i'm upgrading to a 408. im going to need the thing to stop so i need to convert from 4 wheel drum to disc. I havent switched out the rear end to a 8 3/4 yet but ill get to that so the rear brakes are going to have to wait. I just need some input for now of whats a good kit to buy for the front. I want something that is a complete bolt on without any messing around. Any info would help! im sure lots of you guys have done it and im just wondering what it consist of and where to order the kit to do the job! THANKS!

It's big bolt pattern. I went with Master Power also. I bought a complete four wheel disc kit with slotted and cross drilled rotors. Everything was bolt in. Good kit.

Dartbrakes021Medium.jpg

I have an almost complete front end set up including everything you would need to convert to LBP factory disc brakes for sale in the classifieds. Needs very little to bolt in and go. This is all OE parts from a '74 Duster, no aftermarket parts.

PM if interested.

Thanks for the offer, but looking for something new. Does anyone know what willwood kits fit the none power brakes (big bolt) ?

call dr diff about his rear cobra stang kit. good price and you can get cables for the e brake,and the e brake is not an internal drum. bill reilly at RMS might be able to help you out on the front wilwood stuff.

And, there is Scarebird disk brake conversions using factory parts:
http://scarebird.com/

Stainless Steel Brake makes a complete package including the master cylinder. My brother has the 4wheel setup on his 68 Dart and it works great. Installiation was a breeze. There was an issue with the rear brakes and his Moser axles which required some shimmming amd one blames the other as far as that goes. It works only on 10" spindles. Small or big bolt but I think only 15" wheels with the sbp

I bought the front setup for my Valiant but its still in the boxes. Winter project.

Jegs and Summit both carry them. I Googled my kit and found it $100 cheaper on Amazon and Jegs was more then happy to price match

http://ssbrakes.com

-
Back