Need help with rear stripe

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. I was hoping someone could help me out with some measurements. I want to put on a rear stripe over the rear 1/4s and trunk lid. I have no idea on width or spacing. Like to try and get it as close as possible to a original one as I can. Thanks in advance. Pics always welcome.

You could buy a stripe kit from member ChallengerGary. That's were I got mine.

If you want dimensions so you can paint one on, we need to know exactly what stripe you want to use. The 68 or the 69 type stripe ?

Attachments

• IMG_20130806_142301.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 219
When we put mine on the 69, we centered the stripe over the side markers.

When we put mine on the 69, we centered the stripe over the side markers.
That's correct. Here are the '69 dimensions, I just measured: Total width is 8 9/16". The wide center stripe is 7". The two thin outer stripes are 1/4". The spaces between the thin outer stripes and the wide center stripe are 17/32".

I never like the stripe so far back. When I put mine on I moved it up a few inches.
Unless you want to be factory correct.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 173
x2 looks good, always thought these cars have a bunch of real estate back there. If the stripe is too far back it doesn't look balanced.

x2 looks good, always thought these cars have a bunch of real estate back there. If the stripe is too far back it doesn't look balanced.

My thoughts also , stripes that far back made the cars look unbalanced. By the way I got my stripes off EBay $50. very good quality.

-
Back