Need help with starter removal with headers

-

a34

The Etowah Flash
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Demon with headers and mini-starter. I need to pull the starter. Short of dropping the headers(Hookers), what's the best way to get the starter out? It looks like disconnecting the center link might provide enough room to slide through the tubes. Would appreciate any tips before I tackle it.

Thanks!
:burnout:

Usually if you loosen up the header bolts...you should be able to get the starter out.

If you remove the center link on the driver side you should be able to slide the starter out

I pulled out the bolts and disconnected the header (also hookers) from the exhaust. Gave me enough wiggle room to get the starter bolts loose and finagle the starter (big old oem in my case) out. I already had the center link out. It's a very tight squeeze , but doable.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot !!

Forgot to mention that after removing the header bolts, I used a bungie cord to hold the header forward and away from the starter while loosening the starter bolts. A few F-bombs seemed to help persuade the starter to come out eventually. :cheers:

Pat

Also helps if you can get a buddy to move the un bolted header out of the way from above.

-
Back