6.33 in the 1/8th
Reaction score
Ok, here is the setup.
340 bored over .030 with 10.5 compression
mopar purple cam...484 lift
stock heads, not sure what version
tti headers
holley 650 cfm vaccum advance carb.
64 size jets in front, 68 in rear. I know small!
Havent been able to check timing yet.
Stock fuel system.

I have a wideband 02 sensor hooked up into my h pipe. The car runs really rich during normal driving. Usually in the 11's on the wideband.

When I first punch it it kinda stumbles but picks up quickly. Wideband readings stay pretty much in the 10's. Havent been able to run it at the track yet. Hopefully next week.

Any suggestions as to why it runs so rich?

No I haven't familiarized myself enough yet to check those things yet. But I will and will check those out. Where is the most common place to get a vacuum reading from?
On a side note, how are things in WNY? Im from west seneca, now living in georgia.

same ol crap weather up here and taxes going up all the time...nothing new

on the brighter side ...you need to get your timing set first , take a vacuum reading and go from there ...any manifold port will work ...carb port only if it is below the throttle plates. you want to measure the manifold vacuum.
if you find the power valve in there now is way off be sure to go back up in jet size to be safe.

Im in jefferson ga.

I hear you about the crappy weather and taxes :-( My dad raced his demon at lancaster for years before moving here also..any big news with the track?
I have borrowed a timing light and have a boost/vaccum gauge and will be trying that soon. thanks.

-
Back