need help with wilwood brakes!

-

carls72dart

Reaction score
I have a 72 dart that I'm in the process of converting over to bbp disc brakes. I want to order a set of Wildwood disc brakes. When I put the info in for a 72 dart it asks if it's a 9" or 10" spindle. When I put 73 dart in it asks if it's disc or drum spindles. Is there an easy way to find out what I have so I can order the right product? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance:)

P.s. if a pic is needed, I'll get one up after work tonight.

My 71 duster had the 10" but I should also add that you will need safety wire and pliers and be sure to order the braided brake lines. They are needed for wilwood calipers. The pliers and wire from Jc Taylor, they were way cheaper and they worked great.

wilwood hubs and rotors need to be bolted together..then safety wired...

that is the reason i went with Strange...solid one piece hub and rotor

I have a 72 dart that I'm in the process of converting over to bbp disc brakes. I want to order a set of Wildwood disc brakes. When I put the info in for a 72 dart it asks if it's a 9" or 10" spindle. When I put 73 dart in it asks if it's disc or drum spindles. Is there an easy way to find out what I have so I can order the right product? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance:)

P.s. if a pic is needed, I'll get one up after work tonight.

What brakes do you have on the car now...10 inch or 9 inch drum brakes...is what it is asking...assuming you are not changing the upper control arms..

if you are changing the upper control arms to the BBP A arms...do you have a drum or disc brake spindle to use...that is the question for the 73 and newer cars...

They are asking if you have 9 or 10 inch drums because with wilwoods they are a bolt on disc brake conversion and fit right your existing spindles. you do not need to
change your upper control arms or any of that. It is a complete kit with proportion valve , braided lines , proper wheel bearings and the rotors are drill for both big or small bolt pattern. So check your drum size and order the ones for your car. These are a good quality easy conversion. Cheers.

these are a nice and easy conversion .

Attachments

• wilwood 001.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 253
  • wilwood 002.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 245
  • wilwood 003.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 246
The car originally was a 6 cylinder with 9"drums. I just received tubular uca's from pst. I took a picture of the large bolt spindle that I have, just not sure if it came off a 73 & up drum or disc car? Or does that not matter? Also not to sound dumb but how do I post the pic in this thread? Thanks for the feedback everyone:)

My 71 duster had the 10" but I should also add that you will need safety wire and pliers and be sure to order the braided brake lines. They are needed for wilwood calipers. The pliers and wire from Jc Taylor, they were way cheaper and they worked great.

In the process of fitting this Wilwood kit 140-11019, reading the instructions is hasn't mentioned wire pliers just Locktite 271.

Kit mocked up well once I had the right spindles.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=229148

-
Back