Need Help

-

Paul King

MrPJK
Reaction score
Hi Everyone ,i have a chance to buy a new sandon A/C compressor for Classic cars ,I have a 66 Dodge Dart with Factory air .Can i use the same brackets or am i getting into alot of work .its a 04808.$150.00 canadian

Paul is yours a V8 ? There are conversion brackets at Classic Industries that look factory.
Not sure if you have any junk yards in your area. Lots of early to late 1980's cars with 318's.

Paul is yours a V8 ? There are conversion brackets at Classic Industries that look factory.
Not sure if you have any junk yards in your area. Lots of early to late 1980's cars with 318's.
It has the 273 with the v compressor

DSCF1907.JPG

Hi Everyone ,i have a chance to buy a new sandon A/C compressor for Classic cars ,I have a 66 Dodge Dart with Factory air .Can i use the same brackets or am i getting into alot of work .its a 04808.$150.00 canadian
The way you have your question worded I would say you can't use the V2 Brackets for a Sanden (or any other compressor for that matter) The brackets are compressor/engine specific.

Presonally, I wouldn't touch a THING on that car- boy, that sure is purty!
If you do change it out, save ALL the hardware! Some of it is very difficult to come by, if not unobtanium. Especially in that condition.

I'm not sure but you may run into problems if there is a bracket difference between cast iron water pump 69 and earlier and the 70 up aluminum pump. Make sure you check when sourcing a vendor.
I looked at Bouchillon Performance and they state 70 up and different ones for LA and Magnum engines.

-
Back