need know good brand name pump

-
I always walk into the local NAPA and ask for a water pump. Been doing this for almost 30 years and have never had a problem or regret.

I've sold & used both Airtex (New) and A-1 Cardone (Rebuilt)

NAPA is a great place to get parts, nationwide warranty is a plus when you travel.
A new pump will probably be a re-boxed Airtex or GMB and are both good quality.

go buy a union-made pump.
Are they any better? Im in a Union and we got slackers who do **** work (really slowly too) but can't get fired because the union is too strong. Just an observation....Not pump union bashing, but maybe my union...;-(

Are they any better? Im in a Union and we got slackers who do **** work (really slowly too) but can't get fired because the union is too strong. Just an observation....Not pump union bashing, but maybe my union...;-(
i have worked union & non union in shops and when come to poor work perfromance seen the same ****,non -union shop the **** head is there because he a buddy off the manger,union shop manger is dosen't know proper way to fire member...it is not hard to do,just because union doen't make you un fireable.

remember when you could rebuild your own pump with a new wet bearing and a press? Before my time but the 65-66 FSM shows you how.

this is a very nice one, and better looking than the standard chrysler water pump....its almost identical to the edelbrock victor water pump, just less expensive...

prw unit:

http://www.prwonlinestore.com/1431800.aspx
heres the edelbrock:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-8877/

Thanks for the links.I really like the fact that both of those have threaded bores for the bypass and heater hose outlets.Great for those of us that don't run a heater core.I've tried the rubber caps(leaks) and attempting to cut threads in a cheap water pump housing only results in a cracked W/P.Looks like it's time to step up to a quality unit.

thank you ever one who posted useful info on water pumps.sorry about the fighten on this thread.it only take one bad apple.

Thanks for the links.I really like the fact that both of those have threaded bores for the bypass and heater hose outlets.Great for those of us that don't run a heater core.I've tried the rubber caps(leaks) and attempting to cut threads in a cheap water pump housing only results in a cracked W/P.Looks like it's time to step up to a quality unit.

Isnt it funny that all the aftermarket "nice" pumps all look the SAME, just different names on the casting? Goes for lots of other cast AL parts, ie B/RB water pumps and pump housings. It like they don't think we can figure it out... That is a nice looking pump for sure.

-
Back