need math homework help!!!

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
if each side has a length of 1 ft, find the perimiter of a figure with 9 pentagons.
been awhile since i had to do 8th grade geometry. everyone come on and scratch your heads.
give me some answers and then i will give you the answer. it is in the back of the book just can't figure the equations out.
best of luck
I will tell you a pentagon has 5 sides.

It depends on how they are arranged. If the 9 pentagons are lined up, it would be 29 ft. (4x2+7x3)

Also, you could make a formula as long as they are lined up:

If P = # of pentagons & L = length of perimeter and P > 2 then,

L = 8 + 3(P-2)

I can't tell you the formula (HS geometry was waaay too long ago for that), but if you have a single pentagon surrounded by 5 more pentagons (each side of the pentagon in the middle forms a single side of a surrounding pentagon) - that will be a total of 6 pentagons. Attaching 3 more pentagons across the top of this larger 6-segment 'star' will give a total of 9 pentagons. Total perimeter of this 9-pentagon figure is only 13 feet.
Draw it up and check it out.

I can't tell you the formula (HS geometry was waaay too long ago for that), but if you have a single pentagon surrounded by 5 more pentagons (each side of the pentagon in the middle forms a single side of a surrounding pentagon) - that will be a total of 6 pentagons. Attaching 3 more pentagons across the top of this larger 6-segment 'star' will give a total of 9 pentagons. Total perimeter of this 9-pentagon figure is only 13 feet.
Draw it up and check it out.

9 pentagons on their own is 9X5 or 45. If they are attached subtract one side each time they attach or 8 which equals 45-8 which is 37.

Congratulations to
JohnnyB and BigrichieO
the answer is 29.
took me alittle bit to remember. i had the answer in front of me just had to draw a pictures. Its been about 15 years since i've been there.
more to come
thanks for the fun
this was my 8th grade steps sons Challenge questions in Pre-Algebra.

NoNoNO! When you thrown 9 into the air and shoot them with a 12 gauge, you get a lot more than 29! BTW ma** is a 4 letter word in my house!

Speaking of math, Can anyone tell me what the reactance of a 0.47 microfarad capacitator is if it is connected to a source which delivers 6 volts at 200 hertz?

Xc=?

if each side has a length of 1 ft, find the perimiter of a figure with 9 pentagons.
been awhile since i had to do 8th grade geometry. everyone come on and scratch your heads.
give me some answers and then i will give you the answer. it is in the back of the book just can't figure the equations out.
best of luck
I will tell you a pentagon has 5 sides.

It depends on how they are arranged.

it all depends on the arrangement. for perimeter just count the number of sides that make up the very outside and that is how many feet your perimeter is

should be 338 ohms

Xc=1 / 2 pie F C

F=frequency in Hertz
C= capacitance in farads

Nope, it's 1694 ohms. You were on the right track though, electrician?

2 x 3.14 x 60 x .00000047 = .00059032

1 / .00059032 = 1693.996476

-
Back