Need modified trans crossmember '65 Barracuda

-

one mile

Reaction score
Like I said I need one for dual exhaust on my daughters '65 Barracuda. Anyone know where I can get one ? Thanks, TIM

Yeah send cosgig a PM.

Thank you ! Soon as I can figure it out ! LOL ! I don't handle change well but I will just have to get use to it ! It is getting better....

Hover over your Inbox> select "start a new conversation">type in cosgig in the participant box>title the conversation>type your message.

$75 plus the shipping, usually $10 to the east coast or $18 west coast!! Just let me know if you're interested!!

image.jpg

I also have a core return policy where I knock off $10 from the purchase price and pay the return shipping!! I'm alway on the lookout for useable cores to keep the program going!!

Cosgig- do you have to clearance the frame to use those crossmembers?
I will answer for him, As I made my own. No you dont. You can cut just enough of the crossmember to fit the exhaust pipe without any unibody modifications. Hope I did not step on any toes:lol:

139.jpg

ok cool. When I did mine, I cut too much out of the crossmember and had to clearance the frame crossmember to use it. Oops. haha

ok cool. When I did mine, I cut too much out of the crossmember and had to clearance the frame crossmember to use it. Oops. haha
To be honest I just got lucky I did not do the same thing. Did not consider the clearance when I cut the X member. I think it is cool that Cosgig offers these for sale.

Yep, they fit in with no other mods, just take your old one out and out and put the converted one in its place!!

I started making these about 10 years ago when I needed one, and Laysons was selling them for $125 and $65 for the core, which I thought was outrageous!! I have fought to keep the price just where it is to make the conversion a little easier on the pocketbooks of my early A family! The hardest part is finding cores cheap enough to buy and have shipped, since I've cleaned out most of my honey holes of them and now have to rely on cores from our great members here!!

-
Back