Need new carpet for my 1964 Valiant, suggestions,where to Buy, Please

-

cavemanmoron

Reaction score
The carpet is out of the Valiant, it was medium blue.

2 door hardtop Signet, Automatic.

I see The Padock has it listed, in the online catalog;
as do other places.

Ideas, folks?? Please.

Thanks,
Lee/cavemanmoron.
:)

SwingerCharger1 said:
nice ride wait for carsilse but wont be any cheeper

I want to go to some car shows before July,LOL.

I took the crappy carpet out of the car in the fall. ;)

Any other places people???

I bought original red 1964 signet interior for my convert last year from

http://www.originalauto.com

They bought a warehouse with full sets of Mopar interiors that were to be used for warranty repairs or something. Anyway, the only thing they did not have were door panels. I bought front upper and lower buckets (with correct carpet sewn into the bottom just like it should be), rear upper and lower seat with chrome heat embossed insignia in upper rear, and carpet kit. I was sent out color samples in advance.

I thought I'd take a chance on these guys over the internet and when I called, they totally knew all about my signet and it was nice to find a business who knew signet interior.

Expensive but totally worth it to me. I like the original signet 200 sytle interior and I wanted to put the vert back as new. I had seen a number of signets with out correct interior, and while they were nice, they were lacking the original flare, in my opinion. The interior I bought has the correct 2 different style vinyl and the chrome piping sewn into the bucket seats.

I have yet to install as I am working on body and mechanical at the moment but a quick trial sizing upon receipt shows that I will not have any problems with installation.

I was actually looking for carpet today on ebay and saw a bunch of them on there, decent prices.

Just a thought.... Have you tried JC-Whitney? I know some of their stuff is junk, but we got the carpet for the 71 from there, and its actually pretty nice.

Triggerjay

i do auto upolstery by trade. I use auto custom carpets, 1-800-633-2358 But many dealers are able to offer there carpets at wholsale price. Fit, finish, heel pads, etc., are very good.

got mine from year one when they mailed out a 20% off coupon. Looks great in my 66 Signet. Took about an hour or so to put it in. I suggest cutting out a small pieces of rubber to place under the seat framerails where it touches the carpet. Will help prevent stains from the old frame even if painted.

Try yearone.com the carpet comes in the original mixture material loop carpet and you have a choice of a more modern carpet style. The carpet is moulded and runs about $135.00 just click on mopar a body to look

i got my carpet for my dart from paddock for xmas :thumblef: a few cuts had to be made, for seatbelt bolts, high beams, thats about it. i noticed a huge sound difference apposed to running bare floors :)

I just got mine from the Paddock this week. Went in easier than I expected. If it's 80/20 loop carpet you're getting about the same quality no matter where you get it, The difference will be in the fit. I've read several people comment they were happy with the fitment of the Paddock product. Peace

-
Back