Need New Compressor Motor

-

Inertia

Reaction score
My 5 h.p. compressor motor melted (220 v),, and I need a new one.. any suggestions where I might find a reasonably priced new one, other than Harbor Freight, they don't carry one that big apparently, and I was leary of using one if they did....

any help/opinions appreciated,

In the Pacific Northwest.. thnx .. grant

Try the tools and machinery section of CL. You may find a goid used one there. Also check if there are any electdic motor shops that rewind them. There is a guy near me that does it but I am on the east coast in the states.

What about Princess Auto? Even go down to a store and see what they have in their surplus area.

I have a large compressor I cobbled together that has that same size motor. I got one locally for like 120 bucks. It's an import motor, but it works good. 5HP 220 twin cylinder pump all on top of a 120 gallon Kellog American tank. It works good too.

My 5 h.p. compressor motor melted (220 v),, and I need a new one.. any suggestions where I might find a reasonably priced new one, other than Harbor Freight, they don't carry one that big apparently, and I was leary of using one if they did....

any help/opinions appreciated,

In the Pacific Northwest.. thnx .. grant

You can usually find a Compressor or Electric Motor at a Machine Shop and/or Industrial Shop 'Auction'.

Check the Sunday Newspaper.........

I just picked up a 10 Horsepower '3-Phase' Saylor-Beal Compressor in
very good condition for $800 at an Industrial Shop Auction.

Worth a shot,,,,,,,sometimes you can 'scap up' an Electric Motor for $40.

Is there an equivalent of tractor supply in Canada? Try those type of stores.

Not Tractor Supply, but we have Princess Auto.. and a KMS tools, that's similar to Harbor Freight,

Thanx for all the great ideas,, I'm sure glad I asked ...

I gotta see if there's a Tractor supply on the West Coast..

Any type of farm supply store should have them.

-
Back