need new rear leafs. any suggestions?

-

74dodge

Reaction score
well its time for new rear leafs if you look at the pics of my car you can probaly notice the back end saggin pretty bad so im wondering what my options are besides just stock replacements.id atleast like to level out the car so that the back atleast matchs the front maybe even add a little in the back?any suggestions would be appreciated thanks ahead of time
74dodge

vbpicgallery.php

That makes two of us 74dodge, I would like to get rid of the air shocks and add new springs also, I will see if I can find a thread on this for us :happy10:
I bet there is one some where , not unless a tec jumps in here with some info :happy10:

Attachments

• kennies%20camera%20$##$%20148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 405
i guess i probaly shoulda searched first lol o well to late now haha

find a local spring shop and get yours re-arched with a leaf added ,It gave me 3-4 inches of height on my roadrunner and still rode nice 8).............................................look mom,no air shocks !!

Attachments

• june5 006.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 415
It's really simple.

XHD/Stock replacement springs for a street car.

SS springs for a car that will often see the track.

Follow that and 90% of the people will be happy 90% of the time.

XHD/Stock replacement springs for a street car That's the way I will be going
Thank you 1968FormulaS340!!

It's really simple.

XHD/Stock replacement springs for a street car.

SS springs for a car that will often see the track.

Follow that and 90% of the people will be happy 90% of the time.

whats the difference between xhd and stock? if you dont mind explaining i still have alot to learn

whats the difference between xhd and stock? if you dont mind explaining i still have alot to learn

There should be no difference between your stock leaf springs and the XHD springs, except they are new and not sagging like your's and mine.
Just new unused :happy10:

call espo. get the 6 leaf springs. can get them is stock height or +1",+2". great people to deal with. used them on a couple cars. very good product..

http://www.springsnthings.com/

I don't see leaf springs on the site abodyjoe, I looked for leaf springs for a 66 barracuda and all they show me are front end and front suspension part's :read2:

I don't see leaf springs on the site abodyjoe, I looked for leaf springs for a 66 barracuda and all they show me are front end and front suspension part's :read2:

thats why i said to call them. just had a friend order a set for her dart a few weeks ago. they have them. give them a call.

thats why i said to call them. just had a friend order a set for her dart a few weeks ago. they have them. give them a call.
Thank you :happy10: I am glad I jumped in on this thread so I can find it easy Joe, And by the way :happy10: Your car is on the top three cars here I would pick to drive 8), I have seen your upgrades and I bet that Dart is a blast and feels like it is on rails =P~=P~, Time for another in car video :happy10:
If I was to hit the lotto :toothy10:but 8) Victoria would have the same handling package and set up you have dun a great job on, I bet you could loose four police cars with good drivers in a 20 block area if there radio's was shut off. :happy10:

I used Donavan Springs. They are nation wide and often seen advertising on trucks/18 wheelers. I think the pair for my 50 Chrysler were under 100.00

I got my springs from ESPO too. Very easy to deal with and quick shipping. I was very happy with my purchase!

hey abodyjoe i love your car the stance is just awesome what do you have in the back stock?plus 1?plus 2?it looks great

also how big are those rims?did you have to do any mods to fit them?ive been wondering whats the biggest i could fit all round on my dart i want it to have somewhat of a pro touring look

hey abodyjoe i love your car the stance is just awesome what do you have in the back stock?plus 1?plus 2?it looks great

thanks, no i'm not running leaf springs at all in the rear. if i had to guess i would say stock height springs would put it close to where my car sits. jamies dart has +1" and it sits obviously higher with the same rim on it..

let me see if i can find the pics of her car.

ok here is jamies dart with espo +1" springs and my front rims and tires.

you can see where the wheelwell sits compared to the rim. i figure a stock spring would put ya close to where mine is.

DSC00038.jpg

also how big are those rims?did you have to do any mods to fit them?ive been wondering whats the biggest i could fit all round on my dart i want it to have somewhat of a pro touring look

rims are 17x8 with a 5.72 backspace. not sure exactly what is needed to get them up front but i know there is a thread here somewhere discussing it...

the rears would be tight but look like they would just clear the springs.. tire in this pic is a 225/50-17

DSC00039.jpg

-
Back