Need one wire alternator

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
OK so I need a one wire alternator that will fit onto my 67 LA mounting brackets.
I do understand that some mods will have to be made to accommodate the new alternator.
I just dont want to spend a bunch of time cutting and welding. When you get old you need the easy route. So who supplies a 100 amp alternator that I can rig with out standing on my head?
Thanks in advance

You might want to consider a thing or two before you go down this road. "One wire" are more difficult to deal with trunk mount battery situations, and you need a MUCH larger "charge" wire bacause that wire is the sensing wire. This is especially important with trunk mount because there can be significant voltage drop between the 14. V regulated output and many feet of wire to the rear.

You might want to consider a thing or two before you go down this road. "One wire" are more difficult to deal with trunk mount battery situations, and you need a MUCH larger "charge" wire bacause that wire is the sensing wire. This is especially important with trunk mount because there can be significant voltage drop between the 14. V regulated output and many feet of wire to the rear.
Battery will remain in the factory spot, 67 Barracuda.
Large charge wire is a no issue, the car already has a complete Painles wiring in it.
I was already using a converted Mopar alternator, but the little micro regulator died and the bearings have had it, so its time to upgrade.

OK so I need a one wire alternator that will fit onto my 67 LA mounting brackets.
I do understand that some mods will have to be made to accommodate the new alternator.
I just dont want to spend a bunch of time cutting and welding. When you get old you need the easy route. So who supplies a 100 amp alternator that I can rig with out standing on my head?
Thanks in advance
Just ordered a power master one wire drop in replacement
See Ya

Just out of curiosity what are you powering that you need 100Amps?

Just out of curiosity what are you powering that you need 100Amps?
Not much more than stock.
I wanted an single wire alternator with a internal voltage regulator and it appears they start at around 100 amp.
I may upgrade to EFI so the extra amperage wont hurt.

-
Back