Need Opinons School Project!!!!

-

skokz

Reaction score
Auto-Rushcopy.jpg

This is suppose to be a magazine logo. When you look at this what do you first think of?

Title of it is good.

Shape of logo needs work. (Sez the collage commercial artist)

IMO, straight block would have been fine. Keep at it. Brain storm, look around you.

This is what i came up with - The Magazine is for all car users ranging from from classic cars to modern cars. And I want to emphasize the orange of the dodge for the overall design of the company-
Having trouble coming up with the name, ....
I want logo to be cutting edge/sharp but still keep it classy.
Any tips?
Ideas how to make it better?

Search fonts to kick around. A differnt font would also probably work better with the current logo's bend.

I dont like the curves, because they conflict with the body lines of the Charger. Just doesnt look right to me. Also dont like the curved ends.

Maybe make it straight across. Slant it forward, which denotes speed (THink of AAR Cuda stripes). Add shadow to give it a 3-d effect.

Maybe make it look like it is painted on the side of a car, like the name of a drag car.

Now that it has sunk in, it has kind of a European ring to it. Probably right in line with your goal. I work with a lot of Limeys, so I have an ear for that. I do think the typeface can be improved. The car backdrop is great, but the text looks like it should be on the box of something Billy Mays might have endorsed.

ALL-tomobile Magazine. All-tomobiles. Allcarz. 'Rush' looked to much like rust to me also. Cool school project!!

Thanks for suggestions and tips so far. Keep them coming there much appreciated. Should have another logo up in a few.

Better.

Flip the car around so that it is facing right. Everyone but the Japanese read left to right, so it is more natural and pleasing to our eye.

Make it a little narrower so that the letters do not extend past the orange.

Slant the text forward.

O, I wish I was in the land of cotton
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

Since Your Using A car as the Background Try to Make the Lettering look like it is on the Side of the car like an old drag Car

-
Back