Need pic of '71 340 Starter relay

-
They are "all the same" for many years. The early stick cars only have 3 terminals plus ground

All automatic and 70/ later stick cars have 4 terminals

The biggest stud terminal is a junction and one contact. It gets main battery power
The second bare terminal resembles a "square" screw. That is about a no 10 wire goes to the small terminal on the starter solenoid

One of the "push on" flag terminals goes to the (usually) yellow start wire, coming out of the bulkhead connector

The remaining "push on" flag terminal (if stick) goes to a wire which goes through a separate firewall grommet to the clutch switch, and if automatic, runs down the firewall to the transmission and to the center terminal of the neutral safety switch. The two outer terminals are you backup light switch

You need to go to MyMopar if you have not and download a free factory service manual, as well as the aftermarkit wiring diagrams. Those are sometimes easier to follow but sometimes "not complete" with all connectors and options

Frankly, and I'm not trying to make fun here, if the wiring is not all hacked up, it will not fit any other way. The connectors are "unique"

They are "all the same" for many years. The early stick cars only have 3 terminals plus ground

The biggest stud terminal is a junction and one contact. It gets main battery power
The second bare terminal resembles a "square" screw. That is about a no 10 wire goes to the small terminal on the starter solenoid

One of the "push on" flag terminals goes to the (usually) yellow start wire, coming out of the bulkhead connector

The remaining "push on" flag terminal (if stick) goes to a wire which goes through a separate firewall grommet to the clutch switch, and if automatic, runs down the firewall to the transmission and to the center terminal of the neutral safety switch. The two outer terminals are you backup light switch

You need to go to MyMopar if you have not and download a free factory service manual, as well as the aftermarkit wiring diagrams. Those are sometimes easier to follow but sometimes "not complete" with all connectors and options

Frankly, and I'm not trying to make fun here, if the wiring is not all hacked up, it will not fit any other way. The connectors are "unique"
Thanks for that 67Dart273....it's not really idiot proof since there are two red cables that go on the big stud and a plastic shield. Thanks for the tip to go to MyMopar and print the info....i have the books. I was hoping for a pic, but i'll figure it out.

I did print your reply, thank you. I'll use it for the install.

67 Dart,
Here's what I did, but what's the sequence for the large stud? Does the plastic shield go between the two red cables or does it go on first? Thanks

Battery Relay.jpg

-
Back