Need pics of early A body enigne mounts-

-

hemidart1

Reaction score
I'm installing a new 318 magnum in a '66 and I have a set of '66 mounts from a 273 but one seems to be a little off?
Can anyone shed some light on what they look like and what they look like bolted up.

thanks
Al

Yea they are a little off, you have to add washers to one side to bolt it up correctly. And you can weld a bit of metal to the small side of the mount so you can get that extra bolt in.
I have a picture of the modified mount bracket but I can't shrink it enough to make it readable for some reason.

I have finally have the picture small enough and readable now, Here you go.
I think this came from another FABO guy that did all the measuments, I take no credit, just saved the pic.

mount.jpg

I need a pic with them on a motor. I can't figure out which side each one goes on.

thanks
Al.

I have finally have the picture small enough and readable now, Here you go.
I think this came from another FABO guy that did all the measuments, I take no credit, just saved the pic.

wow.. where did you find that picture?? i saw that in a book years ago and haven't been able to find it..

wow.. where did you find that picture?? i saw that in a book years ago and haven't been able to find it..

I think that picture is from an old manual from Direct Connection in the engine swapping section. I have one of the books from 1978. I think it cost me about $16 new, & it has 869 pages.

yeAa i saw it in an old mp or dc book.. hell had to be 20 years ago... haven't been able to find it since..

Pic is from the Mopar "Engines" book. My copy dates from the late 80's, says DC and has Carrol Shelby on the back cover. Keep an eye out for these on eBay as they are really a good source of info. Mostly a bunch of old DC service bulletins and notes from the 70's, but really a handy reference.

I decided to order a new set from Schumacher so I will not have any issues!

thanks for all the help!

That’s what I did to install my 360 with stock motor mounts (and 340 too), 318 is not supposed to need any motor mount modifications.

-
Back