Need recomendations for new digital camera

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I have lost my charger for my camera and I think it is time for a new camera anyway since it is 7 years old.

What is a good camera that is reasonable priced with good megapixel and great zoom capabilities? Note.. I didn't say cheap price I said reasonable priced. I want something that is easy to use.

Suggestions?

It is a Panasonic PalmCam model PV-SD4090. It takes battery PV-DBP5 7.2V I can get aftermarket chargers on eBug but it has set for a year and now I am afraid the battery may have gone bad too.

It is big but you could throw it accross the room and not hurt it. It takes super close up pictures.

Those make great e-bay camera's.

What do you take pics of most?

I bought it for eBay photos back when I was selling. I had a ton of rare parts and the detail that camera would show was great.

It is time to sell off some excess stuff again so I either need to get this one going or replace it.

Cannon A590IS. About $150 and the best digital camera I've ever used with more options than I'll ever need but with a "easy" setting that takes care of 90% of what I do with it. :) Takes great movies too.

Canon,rebel T1i this thing does everything,up to 7 FPS,HD video excellant software,love it.

Obsolete, yes.

My Sony is about the same age and I hear the same thing.

Good choice.
IMHO.

Have a Great Night. And a very Merry Christmas to you.

Canon-- they make great camera's & will have 1 for you-- I think my new 1 is a 720is-- --search one of the review sites--- (google the review sites)
Mine has 8 megapixels-- with a 6x zoom-- great pictures & good price--- bought it from ebay new --- lots of new cameras on that site. The movie feature is cool-- I have great shows of my kids sledding.

My old s20 still works when it wants too-- 3 megapixel-- great pictures also
just partial to canon's selection.

Lawrence

I am due for a new cell phone. I think I might get the sony c905a It has a 8.1 mp camera. Check qvc.com they often have a good camera for a fair price.

My Christmas present this year was a Canon PowerShot A1100IS snagged brand new in the box off ebay for $114 and free shipping. I'm still figuring out all the bells and whistles but it has a 4X optical zoom, 12.1 megapixels (great detail for my work / website), an image stabilizer, and uses regular AA batteries. It came with a decent photo software package, memory card and a wrist strap but no bag or tripod. Like Ramcharger's, it has a ton of settings I haven't tried yet but figured out it will also take short movies.

depends what you really want to use a camera for. a good all around point and shoot camera would be something like a nikon s52.

this is what i have and it takes awesome pictures. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KZFD88/?tag=joeychgo-20

this is the next version of it. my son has this one and man its a cool camera. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DO2XGQ/?tag=joeychgo-20

and i believe this is the latest version of the same camera. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KANXI4/?tag=joeychgo-20

probably can't go wrong with either a cannon or nikon. they are pretty much the leaders in cameras. i checked out a few cannons when i bought my s52 but didn't like the way the cannons felt in my hands and the where the controls were for the zoom. the nikon felt more natural for me and the zoom was easier for me to use.

For my typical use, smaller is a selling point. I have one of the Nikon Coolpix (S210). It is fairly compact, about the size of a cell phone. It has suffered a fair bit of abuse including drops, freezing, high heat, and moisture. Also it uses an SD memory card so extra memory is cheap.

We just bought an inexpensive point and shoot from Wallyworld. Fuji finepix J20, rechargable lithium ion battery and 10 megapixel, with a case, I think it was $150 all in. I analysed and researched it to death. We couldnt afford much, but I didnt want a 1 year throw away camera. I found that Fuji was one of the only ones that offered a 2 year warranty. Most other cameras are only 1 year and after going thru a couple lower end Minoltas, I decided on something that had at least 2 years of warranty.

I like my Sony. One of the things I look for in a camera is that it takes regular AA batteries. I use rechargeable batteries, but if they run out of juice I can just buy some new regular ones. Camera works great, takes excellent pics.

-
Back