Need Seat Upholestry Measurements for 1968 Barracuda Convertible

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I sure wish that someone with the deluxe 1968 Barracuda interior would be kind enough to do the measurements on the seats.
Even the deluxe front seats from a fastback and notchback are the same.

I have always heard that this group is fantastic to help others so I hope somebody will give me a hand.

I don't really understand what you are wanting measured, the seat itself, the pattern on the covers, ??? Please be more specific.
I have a '69 'vert with '68 front seats so I might be able to help you.
Dallas

I, too, do not understand exactly what you need measured. I have a '68 fastback with deluxe interior. I have a new set of seat covers from Legendary still in the box. What do you need?

I have 67 vert seats and skins all apart but wouldn't atempt to measure all that. Looks like stock 68 vert interior to me. I'm not sure the map pockets on the doors are 68 though. I thought those didn't appear until 69.

There is a corded rib then 6 large sections on the front seat. Inside the insert panel are 4 wide areas with 3 narrower sewn in areas.

Need measurements from inner corded rib to the other inner corded rib.
Should be something like this.
2inches- 1/2inch- 2inches- 1/2inch- 2inches- 1/2inch- 2inches. I am sure that the numbers I used are not right. With the insert numbers I can figure out the front seats.

I also need the measurement from the seat top cord to the rosette insert panel.

With these numbers I can figure the rest of the numbers.

Thanks,
Okla

There is a corded rib then 6 large sections on the front seat. Inside the insert panel are 4 wide areas with 3 narrower sewn in areas.

Need measurements from inner corded rib to the other inner corded rib.
Should be something like this.
2inches- 1/2inch- 2inches- 1/2inch- 2inches- 1/2inch- 2inches. I am sure that the numbers I used are not right. With the insert numbers I can figure out the front seats.

I also need the measurement from the seat top cord to the rosette insert panel.

With these numbers I can figure the rest of the numbers.

Thanks,
Okla

I will get you the numbers when I get back from the store.

I don't really understand what you are wanting measured, the seat itself, the pattern on the covers, ??? Please be more specific.
I have a '69 'vert with '68 front seats so I might be able to help you.
Dallas

I looked up your location. You live fairly close to my daughter. She lives just outside Rolla.

This is honestly not as easy as one would think...

My car is a fastback so any measurements for the back would be wrong after looking at the pics....

The problem is there is a slight taper so the width changes as you move from the front of the seat bottom to the top of the seat back...

The spacing on the front and rear is also different.

The spacing of the double seam is 1/2", I found this to be consistent both front and rear...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks, The 1/2 inch is more than I started with. I may just to have to wing it. I can make them with all the equipment I have. I want to use a different foam than the original seats are pleated with.

I wish there were more 1968 Barracudas in Oklahoma. There just aren't many Barracudas at all that I know of.

I looked up your location. You live fairly close to my daughter. She lives just outside Rolla.

I live about an hour from Rolla. If you have time when you're down this way, stop by.
I'll try to get some measurements for you soon. Also, I did have an old set of covers I took off. If I can find them I could just mail one of them to you.
I'll see what I can do.
Dallas

-
Back