-
Status
Not open for further replies.

earlymopar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for someone with a (non repairable) 904/727 or that has parts for same. I need the section where the starter mounts to cut-out and use on my engine while its on the stand (I dont' have space to add a full bell housing or automatic. Let me know if you might have something.

I have one of the starter mount plates but it doesn't mount correctly to my A-series small block.

Thanks,

- Greg

904 and 727 actually have the starter in different locations. Because of the different converter diameters. Not much difference, but might give you fits.

904 and 727 actually have the starter in different locations. Because of the different converter diameters. Not much difference, but might give you fits.
Yes, you are correct but in the situation I'm dealing with, either are fine. What I'd like to know just out of curiosity is how the 904 & 727 converter diameters compare to 10.5" & 11" flywheels.

I don’t know and looking online seems to be not very clear. This is 727 case and 904 dust cover.

98B5BB0B-943E-406B-9B99-32C1899A3F2A.jpeg

You're right. Of course the only safe way (without further data) would be to use a 904 converter and ring gear with the 904 casting and the same for the 727 parts.

If this is to mount a starter for an engine run stand, they sell plates for that purpose. I can't recall who makes them though. Maybe someone will remember.

I have one.. I cut one up when I was building my run stand but just went with bellhousings and a flywheel. I’ll look for it tomorrow.

So this should reduce your search. the 904 idea would have a 122 tooth count for a comparison.

Thanks for providing that as that is a piece of information I had been searching for earlier (too count fo 904 & 727 torque converters. For me obviously the starter section of a 10.5" small block bell housing would be best but I can pull my flywheel and add the correct converter if need be (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back