Need shipping service for a rear axle to go across the country - suggestions?

-

Gina Grahame

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i'm looking for a freight shipping service to move a rear axle to from California to Michigan. I'll need lift-gate service; a driver with a handcart to drop off the axle in a residential garage. Recommendations / Suggestions ??

I used YRC freight. Terminal to Terminal. I shipped a 340 and 727 on a pallet from Tampa Fl To Ca. Cost $168.00. I dropped it off at the Tampa Fl. Terminal and the buyer picked it up at the closest Ca. Terminal. That is the cheapest method. I’ve used YRC Freight several times. You have to do everything on line to get the cheapest price.

Last edited:
I had a housing shipped (fedex) from ca to co, About 65.00, maybe shipping items seperate would be quicker / cheaper???

There is a site called Uship.com they are a go-between for carriers, private and commerical and senders they charge a fee but you set a price and see if anyone is willing to do it for that price. Had my 10 foot surf board moved from ca to co that way. The carrier that did it for me was a lady who likes to take vacations, has a panel van and picks up shipments along the way.

I used FedEx to ship an 8.75 housing and axles from VA to a freight forwarder in DE. no pumpkin or brake parts. I built a wooden crate to hold it. FedEx will accept packages up to 150 lbs

If you're looking for the cheapest way it would be a terminal pick up at just about any major freight carrier. Big trucking companies will charge a "tailgate fee" for residential deliveries (normally $150 plus shipping rate) You could probably ship it to a terminal for $100-$150.

Or "friendly up" to some industrial type businesses you might know "some folks." Here in town is a wholesale independently owned plumbing supply, so freight goes in and out all the time. Fork lift, also. I was contemplating shipping something awhile back and the owner just outright told me, "we can ship it for you if you handle the packaging" etc. It was stuff on a pallet

-
Back