Need small block A body 4 spd. shifter lever and z-bar.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jabs383GTS

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Trying to correct problems in linkage in order to finish a sick gentleman's 65 barracuda. It appears that the shift lever is from a B body per the stamped number and it binds so I need the correct one for an A-body. It was almost working ok but now how it should. A complete set of levers or levers and rods. Let me know what you have as long as it is correct for a later hurst shifter.

It appears that someone also modified the z bar that is in the car now so I need to find a correct one as well. thanks, Jim

I have the rods for 68 up Hurst shifter what is the correct number stamped on the levers you need? PM me

The shifter mounting plate is different from the early 66 and early A-body then the later 67 up. It will change the way the rods route over under the transmission cross member/ frame structure. It will be close but very tight and mine was binding also until I got the correct plate. I do have the early "2298" plate if needed let me know so we can get this gentleman back on the road.
if you go to brewers website they have good pics of the differences in plate and rods.
http://www.brewersperformance.com/category13.asp

Yup the 64 and 65 used a different shifter and plate from the 66 and up.
It leans the shifter handle forward for the round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back