Need some advice on rallyes

-

Slick

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 71 Valiant slant 6 which is totally original including the plain steel wheels and hub caps.

I briefly met a mopar guy today who has a set of small bolt pattern ralleyes he might sell me. I was only able to get a brief look but they look to be in good condition with trim rings. Two of the wheels have center caps and two are missing. I wasn't able to get dimensions but he said they were the small bolt pattern wheels and are quite rare.

I will have to check into the dimensions further but I was wondering if you guys might be able to give me an idea what a set of these things are worth?

I would like to make him an offer but I don't want to be insulting and also don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks in advance

there definitly not rare.....and fairly easy to find. I just picked up two of them at a swap meet for 40.00 bucks each, with no trim rings, but did include good centers.

They are not rare. Most people want the BBP. Be careful, sounds like he may be setting you up for a high price/rip off. Search Kijiji, Ontario and you will usually come up witha set for $200 to $500 depending on condition and what is included. Good luck!

it is a mopar part, of course its rare, and expensive. the guy i bought a 360 from had a set of 4 without trim rings for 30 bucks a piece. they can be bought brand new as well.

not worth that much.. maybe $200 for all four of them.. the centers can add up if you need to find them.. that stuff is out there though..

I have to agree with whats been said here.. I paid around $50 each for mine.. with rings.. (and two of them still had good rubber mounted on them) .. the centers I bought new from summint for $49.95 a piece.. that was 4 years ago or so now though.. You can buy brand new small bolt rallyees in both 14" and 15" from summit, you can get the rings and centers there as well...

There is a set (4) on Kijiji, Burlington. 14" with trim rings and centers for $350 OBO. Doesn't say if BBP or SBP.

I sell a fair amount of these. Blasted and painted and with a very nice set of trim rings and cone style center caps, a set could sell for $400.00, anything less than sweet and ready to put on brings the price down a lot. Your description should get that set for $200.00, less if the trims and caps are beat up!! Geof

And the stock SBP Rallyes are all 14" x 5.5".

Which centers did they have? 70/71 are different than 72+. The two caps he has may not even be what you're after. I mean, they'll still bolt on and work, but won't be "correct", if you give a crap.

-
Back