Need Some Advice

-

73golddusterkid

Gold Duster Kid
Reaction score
Right now my car has a 318 in it. The motor was rebuilt with a 0.030 over-bore and balanced. It has the aerohead racing 360 heads with the 2.02 and 1.60 valves (I know a little big for a 318) and have been gasket matched along with my edelbrock performer manifold. The cam is a comp .480 lift, along with tti headers and exhaust, msd 6a box billet distributer and a holley 4150 650cfm double pumper with mechanical secondaries.

My question is that my dad purchased a 360 that was supposably rebuilt. It came out of a 78 dodge rv, the heads have been milled along with the performer manifold. My dad isn't going to use it and he suggested that i put it in my car. I wanted to swap over my cam and heads and have a decent runner. But it seems like every time i talk about it with my dad we get into an argument, he'd rather me swap the motor over and swap over my headers and let it run. I don't know what to do, i'm tired of arguing with him about it.

Thats what we argue about, he wants me to swap my carb and such over and run it as is. I want to put my cam and heads on and maybe a few other things, but he gets pissed everytime i bring it up

-
Back