need some build ideas please

-

grease monkey 73

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking into building a /6 for my daily driven street car im planning on just building the motor for now but plan on turbo charging it later does anyone have a decent build that would work well both ways? I was thinking 60 over with my stock forged crank but should i go with stock rods or the 198 rods? what size cam? Im goin to port and polish the head but dont know what size valves and i plan on sticking with the 2bbl super six set up. Any thoughts or ideas i would love to hear what u guys have to say. And no im not expecting 2000 hp i just want a fun reliable car to drive every and no i wont swap a v8 into it

Tough call, a good N/A engine has high comp, a turbo has LOW comp, N/A big overlap on the cam, Turbo - not, port the head...hey that works on both.

If you want to turbo it, save up and do it - don't stuff around, you'll end up with a disappointment otherwise.

Hey guys im looking into building a /6 for my daily driven street car im planning on just building the motor for now but plan on turbo charging it later does anyone have a decent build that would work well both ways? I was thinking 60 over with my stock forged crank but should i go with stock rods or the 198 rods? what size cam? Im goin to port and polish the head but dont know what size valves and i plan on sticking with the 2bbl super six set up. Any thoughts or ideas i would love to hear what u guys have to say. And no im not expecting 2000 hp i just want a fun reliable car to drive every and no i wont swap a v8 into it

My 2nd /6 build was bored .060,Cast 9:1 pistons,Head shaved .090 (Comp ratio was about 10-10.5:1 after those two).Valves were 1.70 in /1.44 ex. Offy Intake w/390 Carb,Hooker Headers . I had a chitt load of fun with it,and people wouldn't believe I had a slant 6 in there !!

Just jumping on the wagon. I like to hear what every one says bout building the /6. As I hope to figure out what I want to do with the spare in the corner of the garage.

Marksmopar, if it wern't such a long drive I would love to have the 198.

-
Back