Need some condenser measurements

-

Dino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I dropped in from the Charger forum as I have an A body question and I'm hoping you will be able to help me.

In short I would like to fit an A body condenser in my 69 Charger as my ac lines are from different donors and the discharge line is on the driver's side like an A body.

If you have the 3303 condenser in your car would you mind measuring between the #6 and #8 connections? between the nuts would be perfect. I measure between the two lines on the Charger and have 26 1/2" from the tip of the lines.

Also what is the distance between the bracket holes? I know they won't match up with mine but I should be able to extend those.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I dropped in from the Charger forum as I have an A body question and I'm hoping you will be able to help me.

In short I would like to fit an A body condenser in my 69 Charger as my ac lines are from different donors and the discharge line is on the driver's side like an A body.

If you have the 3303 condenser in your car would you mind measuring between the #6 and #8 connections? between the nuts would be perfect. I measure between the two lines on the Charger and have 26 1/2" from the tip of the lines.

Also what is the distance between the bracket holes? I know they won't match up with mine but I should be able to extend those.

Thanks!

What year(s) a body would a 3303 condenser be in? Do you have the complete Mopar seven digit part number?

What year(s) a body would a 3303 condenser be in? Do you have the complete Mopar seven digit part number?

Unfortunately I do not have the mopar part number. I have seen them as cnd33030 but I doubt that's the mopar one.

The condenser fits Dart, Baracuda and Dusters, several years but I know they had them in 1969. So whatever fits a 69 Dart is the one!

I found one sketch with measurements but they are generic size measurements, not as specific as what I'm looking for.

Do yourself a very large favor and don't mess with original type (serpentine) condensers. Get a much more efficient parallel-flow condenser in whichever configuration you require; see here and here (available with same-side or opposite-side inlet/outlet).

Do yourself a very large favor and don't mess with original type (serpentine) condensers. Get a much more efficient parallel-flow condenser in whichever configuration you require; see here and here (available with same-side or opposite-side inlet/outlet).

Thanks for that link, I was told that a parallel flow was only good if you use r134a but I guess it works for r12 as well!

In that case I just need to find something universal that fits my car. Thanks!

The condenser doesn't know or care what kind of refrigerant is flowing through it; the parallel-flow kind works great with R12.

-
Back