need some help before i drive this car off a cliff.

-
I just seen this post. You want me to swing over on Saturday and help? PM me.

thanks for the offer but since it needs an inspection and a wheel alignment its gotta go up to the shop anyway so, me and my dad have decided to just let them take care of it. Im sick of wasting my weekends working on these brakes anyway. not to mention i should really be focusing on my college work since the semester is almost over. but again thanks for the offer.

Make sure your rear drums are on or it WILL GO STRAIGHT TO THE FLOOR. I know this from first hand experience!!!!!!!!

I bought one of those one man brake bleeders and it didn't work for crap. I finally remembered how I did it in the old days. I got some wood, cut to different links, opened up one of the drum brake bleeders, slowly push down brakes - do not let up - install wood between brake pedal and steering wheel to keep pedal down, tighten up bleeder, slowly take wood off of pedal - repeat 4 times or so on each wheel. Don't forget to keep fluid level up in master cylinder and cap on when you press of brake pedal

Since I hate finding threads with major issues and not hearing a resolution, this is why i am resurrecting this.

I bought everything new for the brakes. you name it I had it. The pedal basicaly would do nothing until right above the floor. Brakes dident pull or anything and it stopped decent aside from the pedal not doing anything for about 4 inches.

I had a shop check it out and I had a mopar buddy check it out, It was not rumblefish. It was so long ago i forgot why but i did not take him up on his offer. Anyway I drove it for a while with a weird pedal.

Today i decided I have replaced everything, and adjusted the rear brakes and stuff. The only thing I had not really messed with was the push rod for the master cylinder. So With some trial and error I adjusted it longer. I made sure the wheels were not hard to spin and i made sure I did not have to force the master cylinder on but, I adjusted the rod as far as it would go without causing either of those issues.

And now the brakes work properly! So I am pretty happy rite now. of course right after I fixed the brakes my oil fiter adapter with brand new seals started leaking bad. Its just one project after another isn't it!:banghead:

it is one thing after another until u replace it all.....then u start back from scratch

Ain't that the truth!!! I am replacing parts on my Duster that I replaced 10 yrs ago. It is just a part of this hobby. Spend, spend, and spend more. I swear that my car knows when i have a few extra bucks because that is when I need to replace something.

-
Back