Need some help with some wiring

-

73318duster

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting everything back on the intake manifold but for some reason I cant figure out where the connect these cables. Any help would be appreciated. :eek:ops:

Attachments

• IMG_20120628_174550.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20120628_175441.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20120628_175453.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 192
The first one might be to your oil pressure switch. If it is then grounding it will light the oil bulb. If not, that would be a bad idea (blow a fuse). Check a wiring diagram for your year. You can find many on FABO. The switch is behind the distributor, so looks like to fit you must run the harness behind there.

The 2nd photo, grn wire looks like a broken wire, maybe to the horn. Since the insulation is cracked, you should slip insulation over it (maybe heat shrink) before you reterminate it. I don't know what the booted connector in the air is, but many water temp sensors use those.

3rd photo, I don't see the question. Looks like a pressure sensor on the AC that is probably part of the compressor clutch circuit.

The first one might be to your oil pressure switch. If it is then grounding it will light the oil bulb. If not, that would be a bad idea (blow a fuse). Check a wiring diagram for your year. You can find many on FABO. The switch is behind the distributor, so looks like to fit you must run the harness behind there.

The 2nd photo, grn wire looks like a broken wire, maybe to the horn. Since the insulation is cracked, you should slip insulation over it (maybe heat shrink) before you reterminate it. I don't know what the booted connector in the air is, but many water temp sensors use those.

3rd photo, I don't see the question. Looks like a pressure sensor on the AC that is probably part of the compressor clutch circuit.

The Green Wire is connected to the 3rd pic. Not sure where to connect it from there though.

The booted wire end in photo 2 appears to be the temp sender

On the bare wire, pull the connector off the filter/ dryer (photo3) and see if one side of that connector shows continuity to the bare wire in photo2

If so, it probably goes to the AC clutch.

check the wiring diagram on my service manual but I am not very good with electrical work to say the least. My battery is dead so I will have to go pick up a new one. photo two is the water temp so thats already been connected.

2 and 3 have been resolved. 3 was the ac clutch cable. I still cant figure out where #1 goes. I looked behind the distributor and I dont see where I can connected to. Any help would be appreciated.

it is a blade type connector but the oil pressure switch doesn't have a blade it slides over top of the switch as Steve said. the switch is located behind your distributor on the right near where the wire is, actually looking at the picture you have there is a brass plug there if you look at the tip of the vac advance unit you can see it. so you need to remove the plug and install a sending unit, any real parts stores will have it.

NO1 has GOT to be the oil pressure. Hook a test lamp from that clip to ground, turn the key to "run" and you should get some sort of glow from the test lamp. Then go in and look at the oil lamp. It should be glowing, you might have to look very hard, and with the garage lights out, etc.

Your cable connector looks like mine. The oil pressure sender has a thin mushroom terminal on top. Your spade connector slides on that from the side. Try it, it should lock in place.

-
Back