Need some help......

-

triggerjay

Reaction score
We are getting ready to order some cragar ss, 5 on 4's, But the stock wheels are long gone. The steel wheels that are on it have a 3.5" back spacing. I need to know what I need to order as far as back spacing is concerned to "fill" the wheel wells. The steelies that are on it are WAY too small. they don't even come close to filling the wheel well. also, should we stick to 14's, or go 15's? rearend is stock. no mods, no chopping. Just want to order wheels that fit...... Thanks,

Triggerjay

triggerjay, I don't believe Cragar SS wheels are available any more in the 5 x 4" small bolt pattern. Seems to me that they stopped production on these about 3 or 4 months ago. You may find a set in someone's stock, but not from Cragar any more.

triggerjay said:
We are getting ready to order some cragar ss, 5 on 4's, But the stock wheels are long gone. The steel wheels that are on it have a 3.5" back spacing. I need to know what I need to order as far as back spacing is concerned to "fill" the wheel wells. The steelies that are on it are WAY too small. they don't even come close to filling the wheel well. also, should we stick to 14's, or go 15's? rearend is stock. no mods, no chopping. Just want to order wheels that fit...... Thanks,

Triggerjay

I suggest watching e-bay closely for the 5 x 4's. If you find a 14" or 15" cragar ss with the center spider in good condition I know of a tire repair place in Saskatchewan that will take the good center and weld it to any 14' or !5" new ring that they'll supply with almost any width and backspace.

Hi triggerjay

Cragar never made a wheel with a good backspacing to fill your wheel well. Demonseed has a good suggestion there.
Backspacings were very limited in the 5x4 size. 15x7's might not be too bad though.

-
Back