need source for 1964 Valiant trans mount

-

MarcD

Reaction score
Other than the $105 PST polyurethane unit, can anyone provide me with a source for a transmission mount for a 1964 Valiant with a 225 /6?

many thanks!

Marc

Sorry, that would be a 1964 Valiant, not a 1064....
Also, three speed manual transmission.

Thanks!

Thanks, Inertia! Great price, great availability and fast shipping available...hat trick!

I ran across this on eBay:

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-62-65-Transmission-Mount-2-stud-A-B-body-Dart-Valiant-Dodge-Plymouth-/321406622680?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad553dbd8&vxp=mtr[/ame]

and was puzzled at the price. I noted that this is being sold by Rick Ehrenberg, and thought maybe it's a case of NOS gold. The Rock auto part has one stud, while the eBay part has two, but I can't imagine it's that important to secure the mount to the chassis with two studs when the entire weight of the engine/trans rests on it.

Any thoughts?

The mount on my 64 Barracuda is a 2 stud. It will be easy to tell what yours is, just count how many studs and nuts come through the center of your transmission crossmember.

It is very common to find mounts that have been replaced by the single stud model over the years. Not sure why they are mostly made in one stud models today but the common version has only one. If you want the two stud model it costs a bit more!!!

-
Back