Need Thermoquad expert's help

-

MrDuster

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I installed my Thermoquad which was rebuilt on my 340 Duster this morning, but I'm not sure I got the choke linkage right. I'm wondering if I got the choke vacuum and the auto choke arms backwards. Also found out this morning there was no spring to bring the tranny kick down rod back up…probably contributed to my tranny woes. Be looking for a spring soon too. Thanks in advance for any help you can give…you guys have been great. I think it's a '73 TQ.
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 164
When I get home, I'll snap a pic of the thermoquad setup on my all original 73 340 I have out back.....

Here's it redone...should the choke plate be closed? If so, any techniques on bending? I plan to fire this 340 up in the next week or two. Any suggestions are welcomed. It was running rough when I pulled the tranny close to a year ago(other projects took over)...The carb's rebuilt by a friend, I replaced the fuel pump, water pump, power steering pump, speedometer, gas tank, air shocks, installed a tranny cooler, new bearings up front amd cleaned up the hubs, calipers, and rotors, also put new hoses, belts and had the radiator cleaned...no shroud, considering getting one, but we'll see how hot it gets. It's been in the garage, but thinking of pulling the plugs and putting Marvel Mystery oil in to help the rings out. All suggestions welcomed. If anyone knows of a good TQ tuning website please let me know...
Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 118
-
Back