Need to get my rimblow or my cash back

-
Reaction score
Does anyone here know Dan Bruley? I posted an want ad for a rimblow steeringwheel and he answered the ad. He told me that he had a driver quality rimblow steeringwheel for sale and that he was asking $80 for it. He sent me his PayPal info and I sent him the $80. When I asked for a tracking number a day after he told me that his wife shipped out and that when she got home he would send me the tracking number. Well he never sent it and all my texts have gone unanswered. He has since blocked my number . Seems that I am not the only one he's done this to. If someone on here knows him and could get my part or my $$ back I would greatly appreciate it. I think that with two members already been had surely Joey could have him kicked off this site if he doesn't deliver parts or $$ back.

Here we go again.
How did you do the Pay Pal payment?
Friends or Family?
Or.
Goods and Services?
Friends or Family, then your screwed, Good and Services, you could file a claim after the designated time limit.

I think there's a way to get PayPal to return a payment, I'm not sure though. I would try to contact PayPal or look it up to see if they can help you

Here we go again.
How did you do the Pay Pal payment?
Friends or Family?
Or.
Goods and Services?
Friends or Family, then your screwed, Good and Services, you could file a claim after the designated time limit.
I have learned my lesson . I'll never send $$ like that again.

Problem is that I sent $$ as a gift.

Yeah, that's about the same as a Western Union cash transfer. I would STILL probably call Paypal and tell them how he duped you into it and file a complaint and ask if they've had any other problems with him. The right sob story could get you some help or at least give him some heat. We're all human and the Paypal people are pretty helpful.

Problem is that I sent $$ as a gift.

Yeah, that's about the same as a Western Union cash transfer. I would STILL probably call Paypal and tell them how he duped you into it and file a complaint and ask if they've had any other problems with him. The right sob story could get you some help or at least give him some heat. We're all human and the Paypal people are pretty helpful.
Greg.
The op would be wasting his time, with Pay Pal.
Pay Pal isn't going to do a damm thing about it, as many others have already tried, going thru the same situation.
Sorry, but the op should have paid thru goods and services and paid the 3% fee for the protection

I thought pay pal was supposed to protect the buyer from getting shafted? So what do they do for their cut? I always just talk to the buyer/seller, then mail them a check if I feel comfortable with them. Then at least I have their address! Never had a prob doing it this a way.

I thought pay pal was supposed to protect the buyer from getting shafted? So what do they do for their cut? ...
They will if they get a cut to start with. But if you buy something and send $ as gift, you are shafting them out of their fee. Would take some kahunas to go back and ask them to help.

Last edited:
I thought pay pal was supposed to protect the buyer from getting shafted? So what do they do for their cut? I always just talk to the buyer/seller, then mail them a check if I feel comfortable with them. Then at least I have their address! Never had a prob doing it this a way.

They get a cut of nothing sending money as friends and family. Sent as goods and services, then you have buyer protection. He didn't do that. I'll just stop "right there". lol

80 bucks?

Not worth the drive for you or anyone else.
80 bucks, not worth going to jail over.

Live and learn.

I gave my rim blow wheel away for free. Just wait. You will find another.

Also rim blow wheels suck ***. They honk when you try to park with manual steering...

Greg.
The op would be wasting his time, with Pay Pal.
Pay Pal isn't going to do a damm thing about it, as many others have already tried, going thru the same situation.
Sorry, but the op should have paid thru goods and services and paid the 3% fee for the protection

You are absolutely right that he should have paid through goods and services. And he MAY be wasting his time. And I'm CERTAIN that he's learned a lesson and it will never happen again!

But, he's got nothing to lose. I would call Paypal and talk to them. Tell them that this guy is operating on our website and ripping people off. Even if you can't get your money back could they look into his transactions? Has he had other complaints? Could they watch him?

Paypal has a problem right now. They have broken up with Ebay and they are going to have to make it on private sales. They have tried to brand themselves as THE company to trust on internet sales. They have to work harder to avoid bad PR. If you talk to them right, they may go out of the way and break their own rules.

I'll end with a story: In 2008 we built a new house. I let the GC pick most of the brands when I didn't have a preference. The house AC ended up being a Trane. 3 years into my new house in May, the ac failed to come on!

I called the AC company who installed it and they said that the part that goes in the attic (condenser? Evaporator? I'm not an ac guy) had sprung a leak. Turns out the company had a 5 year parts and one year labor warranty. The part was just over $100 but the labor to reinstall it came in at $379.

The contractor told me all the things you just said to the OP: Trane was very strict on their warranty, never in 20 years of dealing with Trane had they ever waivered from their policy. I was wasting my time and I should just pay the $379!

I went on the internet and researched the company and got the address of a top VP of advertising. I wrote her a gracious letter (not angry in tone) and explained that I had heard such good things about Trane that I had cut corners in other facets of my construction! I was amazed and very disappointed the $15,000 Trane system that was "so hard to stop" had died in my new house after a year and a half! I said I understand their warranty but I had a disabled wife and had run over budget on my construction and that $379 was going to severely cut into our money to buy food!

About a week later I got a letter from the VP who said that she had discussed it with the CEO and that, "in the interest of PR" they were going to issue me a "one time" payment of $379 but that I must understand that the company "was in no way admitting fault or liability"

The head of the local ac company was very impressed. He asked for a copy of the letters to put on his office wall!

Don't be afraid to ask nicely. If you expect to get nothing you have nothing but your time to lose!

Your throwing false hope out there with the op, that Pay Pal will do anything for him.
Pay Pal did this thru friends or family, and they have no stake in the matter if it was sent for car parts, or a high school graduation present.

Paypal is operating a business whose very existence depends on public trust. In a world of social media a company's reputation can be ruined with a single post. If they offer a "friends and family" service that gets abused by internet con artists they have a HUGE stake in the matter. Even if the OP doesn't get a dime, Paypal needs to be made aware that this is happening and they need to work to fix it. The OP also needs to keep putting up posts like this one on all the facebook sites & wherever people sell parts. You would be surprised how posting someone's name can hinder their ability to rip people off.

-
Back