need to pick your guys brain a little

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 76 Duster and I am getting ready to send this to the paint shop. The area around where the door handle mounts has a little tear in the metal. I was told somebody has a plate you can weld around the holes where the outer door handle mounts for support that has the same pattern as the opening of the door handle. Does any body know who makes these. I thought it was Dynamic Restorations but I don't bring anything up when I google it. Also, how much play should there be in the hood hinges. I thought my hinges were ok but there sems to be a lot of side to side movement. Is this normal. Thanks

I don't know about the door handle, but the hinges should not move at all. Zero play.

Edit!

I read door hinges. I agree with belows post that the hood hinges can have play, just need to be nice and tightly bolted on. Considering how they made the hinges, there a little flimsy and will move side to side.

My hood hinges were just replaced and they have some play in them[minimal] I have'nt seen a Dart or Duster that was totally rigid in side play, you may want to check the grip washers [retainers] that are pressed on the hinge shaft,they may need to be tappped in against the hinge or replaced,if the hole in the hinge is worn you may have some play there,you can either replace them or repair them, on the door handle I would have someone weld it and bodywork it or make your own plate and test fit it before finishing as to not be too thick or interfere with mechanisms, spot weld it....

-
Back