Need top hold down clips?

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
I have a 65 Dart with a manual top, previous owner was using wire to hold top down when down. Looking at it closer it looks like there is supposed to be a clip or bracket that snaps over top of frame on each side when down. Both sides look like they have broken off at some point. Does any one know where you can get the brackets for holding top down? I need someone with a manual top to look at theres and help me out here. The pics show the wire going through bracket and a kind square piece of plastic just below it that looks like it got broken off, hope that makes sense. thanks

I should have rotated the top picture to the right so it would like correct, the left side is up.

Attachments

• Dart pic 1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Dart pic 2 (2).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 204
Found some old message boards about clips, one guy made his own that looked nice, another guy said try Laysons. I'll give them a call tomorrow, I know some people have had trouble with them so I'll cross my fingers.

Found some old message boards about clips, one guy made his own that looked nice, another guy said try Laysons. I'll give them a call tomorrow, I know some people have had trouble with them so I'll cross my fingers.

I'm supposed to be getting a left hand hold down clip for a user on here to mock up a set in nylon (from CNC machine) or cast from urethane for him. the sharp inside corner may be an issue with the cast system but we'll see. if I ever get the hold down clip I'll post them in the for sale section after I make his sets up.

I found just what you need. I bought a set of weatherstrip tools from Harbor Freight and it had one tool that is L shaped. It's made of hard plastic or nylon (yellow). I drilled 2 holes and mounted it to try, and it worked pretty good. I bought a second set to get another one (about $5 or $6 I think) and they line up O.K. You can just push the top down and they snap over the bar and hold fine. I don't have a top on the car yet (64' Dart) so I may have to adjust them when I do. I'm looking for someone who has experience on the older Darts in central FL to install the top. I'd like to try it myself but the Darts seem to be alittle different then than most.

Attachments

• 100_4531.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_4532.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_4533.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 175
What a great set up, there's no reason that shouldn't work when you get height adjusted. Have great Christmas!

-
Back