Need wiring help!!!

-

mpd12150

Reaction score
Hello all
I am reassembling my 1969 Dart GT and have installed a new wiring harness that I purchased from Year One. I am also installing a gauge assembly from New Vintage USA, it is the 6 gauge package. I am very fortunate to have a couple of very talented guys as best friends that are helping with this build from start to finish as I am somewhat disabled with a broken back. The problem we are running into....The harness does not plug directly into the the tach and there needs to be a couple of pig tails to adapt the gauges to the factory style harness.

Has anyone done this upgrade and if so, can you share to help make this a bit easier for me??

Thank you to everyone in advance.

Jonathan

Lost me. These gauges are aftermarket and hang below the dash or what? Or is this a package that replaces the factory cluster?

And what harness "doesn't plug in?" You talking about the factory replacement harness, or the one came with the gauges? I would not have expected it to

But if you want to wire the new gauges to the old sender wires, you MAY have to do some splicing plain and simple. Without pictures, etc, no way to know what you are dealing with here

Tach........does the year one harness have a provision for a tach? On a factory optional tach, the tach trigger wire (from coil NEG) was a separate wire from the bulkhead connector, and routed through a separate grommet through the firewall

Power would have been an accessory harness and plugged into a tab in the fuse panel "I believe"

You can download the factory manuals from MyMopar for free, but where you have non-factory stuff going on, they may not help very much

You will need to splice and adapt the wires to there function. But splice and 1/4" terminal ends and some heat shrink tube. Once you divert form stock you have to adapt the harness. Good Luck

-
Back