Needed: 73 & up Manual Brake Pushrod

-

jimmyray

Reaction score
Would like to switch from a Power brake setup to a manual with a modern master cylinder from "Richard Ehrenberg" off of MoParts, along with the larger rear cyclinder. He said i need a pushrod from a manual brake setup, or get the adjustable one. Of ocursem the adjustable is $43+ship from Mancicni, so I obviously would like to find a cheaper adjustable or an original manual one.

If you have one, let me know, please.

Jim

I just ordered the Mancini part. It passes the trial fit. $49 bucks is $49 bucks, but every time I try to save a dollar, it takes me 3 tries, and Ten bucks!

I used an original manual pushrod and had to take it out twice to cut it and weld to shorten it. I WISH I was smart enough to buy the adjustable in the first place.

When I bought the adjustable rod from Mancini, it was a lot longer than the stock rod. Instead of cutting a $49 rod, I'll scour the salvage yards next spring and fab something. My main problem is that the pedal travels too far towards the seat and pushes the plunger for the brake light switch out of it's socket

Gotta love FABO!! That's what I was looking for, specifically for a 73 Duster, which I am assuming is identical to a 73 dart. I guess I'll go Mancinin adjustable, if I go at all.

Thanks!!

-
Back