Needed, some slant stuff.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Looking for a rust, dent, scratch free valve cover for my 70 slant. A 60s vave cover would be interesting if they had provisions for a PCV. I have a Offy valve cover but I really want it to work right with stock PCV and baffle provisions which the Offy does not have. Kind of a waste since I spent so much money on it. I will hang on to it and use a stock valve cover for now until I figure something out. The stock cover needs to be as nice as possible cause its getting chromed. I also will be looking for a thermostat housing as mine is a little 'cheesey'. If anyone in a reasonable distance from my location has a good running slant let me know. I have one buddy on the lookout as well, thanks!!
Chas.

i followed the directions from the slantsix.org site. everything works great.

P2152308.jpg

I would love to have an Offy valve cover to go with the Offy intake I have. Maybe I should start saving my $$$$.

The Summit and ebay ones have no baffles. here was a thread that the guy migged in baffles to his offy valve cover.http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=99216&highlight=offy+valve+cover+baffle It turned out sweet.

That was me who had the work done. With the exception of my Barracuda, all my other 65s were originally slant equipped. So I think I might go with with the slant in definitely 1 and maybe 2 of them (have 2 Offy valve covers). I wanted the Offy valve cover to look basically like a stock cover. So I got some sheet aluminum from Lowes and fabbed up the baffles based upon a stock valve cover and formed the stovepipe for the PCV valve. Instead of using the painted oil fill and PCV cap, I'll be using the chrome ones as seen on the Commando motors. The new one is at Leanna's right now for some extra work on the fins.

air cleaner 021.jpg

air cleaner 020.jpg

-
Back