Needing 727 built for potential 850 plus Nitrous build.

-

Texas Red

Old Flunky
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All I am needing a 727 Trans bult for my Project 72 Plymouth Duster. I am needing some help locating a shop that will not hang up on you when you tell them it has potential of being in excess of
800 HP. My 360 based stroker 410 Small block will be a beast when on the funny gas. NO TRANS BRAKE/ Footbrake car. Anyone whom can help please advise. Thanks as always Texas Red

DSCF4063.JPG

DSCF4276.JPG

DSCF4294.JPG

Front drum for sure at 600+ to start with. Keep adding from there.
VB
Sprag
Bands
Rebuild kit
converter

800 HP. Thats no problem for a 727 with the right parts. Agreed with the above posts. Andrew racing trans will certainly fix you up.

I recently posted about a unit my partner and I built for a customer the other week. He provided the gear vendors unit which we installed. I made a list of parts we put into the trans on the post. I would pick smiliar parts for your setup with some small changes, like reverse manual valve body opposed to a forward manual valve body, and possibly a few other changes depending on the budget. I can say this, if you invest the money into the 727 to handle 800+HP, the transmission will last, and you will be happy.

I definitely recommend Chris’s work as well!!! He just finished up a wicked 904 for my new setup, last one made over a 1,000 passes and was still going strong when I threw a rod (hence the new setup in the works).

Thanks as always for everyone's input as I have been down the bad roads of life like everyone else. Its called life....and i have had my share.

-
Back