needing a little help

-

Bullseye

Reaction score
I just put new 225/70 R14 on the my 67 Dart. The problem is the tires are real close to the fender on the front side with plenty of room on the backside. They clear but the real problem is the fact that the driver side is about a half inch closer than the passengers side. I know it has been wrecked because it is a 68 passenger side fender and the stock one was off the car and bent when I bought the car. I'm wondering if the driver side is pushed back or maybe they pulled the other side out too far? Does anyone have a picture with the same tire size (stock wheels), or maybe just some measurements. Thanks, Chuck

If ya do a " X " pattern measurement from the right rear frame hole to the left front frame rail hole and vise versa that'll tell you. just remember to use holes in identical spots.
Hope this helps ya out.
Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. Upon further review I forgot to check the gaps at the door and cowl. It appears that all i need to do is realign the fender. This morning when I was looking at the car it seemed like a big difference between the driver and passenger sides. When I got home and checked it is only about a 1/4 inch difference. Thanks again, and yes this is a great site. I'm a member of another site that is also helped me very much with the car, but it is all mopars and it seemed like I was the only 67 Dart around. Here I get info that pertains to MY car, awesome. Thanks, Chuck

I'm glad to read that it was only a fender alignment issue.

IF it had not been, then as mentioned, strut rods need to be looked at. Possible bushings to replace, bent rods or out of adjustment. Lastly, the K-frame could be slightly tweaked and need to be loosened up and shoved over. Not easy to do, but doable.

-
Back