needing HELP

-

jlburg

Reaction score
I'm in need of some ideas, and or advice. I'm putting a 440 4 spd in my 68 cuda notchback. So far everything I've read here is oppisite of what I am running into. Iseem to have plenty of room on the drivers side. I have no room on the passenger side. I've replaced the isulator from the motor mount set, with a thicker one, from the small block set. This leveled the motor, but other than that, didn't seem to make a big differance.

Getting ready to pull it out again and put a stock oil pan on it. The engine builder insisted on putting on a milidon, and dinging it hasn't helped. Bought the exhaust manifolds off ebay, from a guy switching to headers. I'd like to use them, to keep a kind of stock appearance, if I can.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and or advice. :banghead:

Attachments

• 440cuda.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 440cuda1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 440cuda2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 140
do yourself a favor, remove the exhaust manifold studs from the heads and use bolts.

Here's the trick. Remove the steering column and driver side manifold. Now jack up the passenger side of the engine and install that manifold. Set the engine back down and install the driver side manifold. Then install the column (with the outer sleeve shortened to the firewall).

-
Back