Needing hood dimensions

-

1966DDart

Reaction score
Can someone please measure the length and width off an early-A hood. Have a long drive to go get one and would rather take an HHR vs. gas thisty truck. Need to see If it'll fit. Thanks.

About 58"Wx51"Lx3"D. This is on a 63 Valiant if it matters

Thanks a million None2Slow! I can't imagine there's much of a difference between a 63 Valiant and a 66 Dart. That at least gives me a good ballpark idea and I can measure the hatch on the HHR tomorrow. 28mpg would sure be better than 12mpg on a 8-9hr round trip! Thanks again for the quick reaponse!

I have a '64 Dart GT hood (red) located in Ohio, if that would work for you.

Thanks for the offer but, I needed a 66 hood. After a couple weeks searching, I finally found one and drove 4.5hrs to get it yesterday. Now to haul it to my buddy's shop where the car is getting painted. Thanks again though for the offer!

0512181401.jpg

received_1130073187133188.jpeg

Just an FYI, ended up finding and buying a used 5x8 trailer off craigslist, on my way down yesterday. Worked like a charm and now I have a trailer that I can fit a mower on now.

Yeah figured they were different, but was too lazy to check first. Saw you were in Ohio, so sent the post. Out of all the Darts I've had, never a '66, though I would love to have one. Looks like you have a nice base. You know Chrysler event at National Trail Raceway is next weekend, also.

-
Back