Needing information on 69 key in, lights on buzzer

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I have a 1969 barracuda with light package. I recently removed the lights on buzzer pn# 2983330. I cannot find this PN anywhere. I can find a different one for 1969. Then a different PN for 70, and another PN for 71-75. The bracket for this thing was rusted into the dash, so I believe it may have been original to the car. Only thing I found was a TSB on feedback thru the box on certain C bodies and imperials using this PN, and if that happens to upgrade it to a different 69 PN. Will the 1970, and 71-75 part numbers work on the 69 light package? Are they wired the same and maybe just the mounting brackets are different? I have more of a better chance of finding a 71-75 buzz box than I would have trying to find a 69 only box.

Thanks
Matt

20190826_163912.jpg

69-8-2.jpg

I have a 1969 barracuda with light package. I recently removed the lights on buzzer pn# 2983330. I cannot find this PN anywhere. I can find a different one for 1969. Then a different PN for 70, and another PN for 71-75. The bracket for this thing was rusted into the dash, so I believe it may have been original to the car. Only thing I found was a TSB on feedback thru the box on certain C bodies and imperials using this PN, and if that happens to upgrade it to a different 69 PN. Will the 1970, and 71-75 part numbers work on the 69 light package? Are they wired the same and maybe just the mounting brackets are different? I have more of a better chance of finding a 71-75 buzz box than I would have trying to find a 69 only box.

Thanks
Matt

View attachment 1715385285

View attachment 1715385286
P/N 2983330 was replaced with p/n 2926733 according to the TSB. Check mymopar.com part numbers (Tools and and Reference) and there it is. The latter number must be a superseded part replacing 2983330 which is no longer listed.

Yes I realize that by reading the TSB. However does anybody know, will a PN# 3579201 for 71-73 A body work on a 69? The 1970 one is also a one year only part as well and would also be hard for me to get. Theres plenty of 71-73 A bodys in my local boneyard that I can pick one of these off of.

I guess it depends on how correct you want it to be. You likely can get "the wrong one" and the mating connectors out of the yard (let's say) then unpin and repin the connector terminals with your existing wiring so it plugs in if necessary.

These are not that complex. The buzzer section is well.....a buzzer. If you have to, get a couple from the yard, and pry one open. You can easily deduce the circuit by looking and with an ohmeter, and maybe a battery

They all look to plug in with the same plug. but your right the pin out may be different. Was wondering if they are interchangable plug n play. Dont care about originality, just operation. Will have to see if theres any 69 C bodys locally in my junky I may be able to get it from. A lot of times part numbers are superceded to the next latest and greatest one but will work in older applications.

Last edited:
-
Back