Negative battery cable location

-

shadango

Reaction score
Just starting to sort stuff out on my 72 Barracuda....

The 74 318 that is in it came from another car....

The motor has a battery cable (ground) coming from it (drivers side front corner of the block), and my car has a ground battery cable that goes to the radiator support.

So trying to decide which to use.....I always thought that the ground cable had to go to the block, but the rad support location must have worked for whoever had this car before.....

Which would you guys go with?

73 should have both. Large wire on the engine and smaller one to the rad' support

Ok....So I guess I will use the block mounted cable and add a smaller wire to tie to the rad supprt........

My car is a 72.........and the cable that goes to the rad support is a standard sized battery cable.....

yep, the original 73 cable had the smaller wire in that terminal clamp.

Thanks.

I am going to look for a premade negative cable that has that extra wire...coudl have sworn I saw them somewhere....

Or I guess I could just rig my own.

check advance auto parts if you really need one. you get the main wire to the block ,and a smaller one that is short with a butt connector already on it. good luck.

Thanks....

I ordered a new engine wiring harness from Bill Evans and he had the battery cables in stock so I ordered them from him while I was at it.

-
Back