Neighbors Sue Man for Working on Cars in His Garage

-
I see people disagreeing with a couple of my posts, but don't have the BALLS to post up as to why.

Pussies.

Drag strip in my region had a serious battle with neighbors.... over noise. There are some here that may know more about this than I do, but Byron drag way in Byron, IL had legal battles to stay in business. To my understanding, folks built new homes around an existing drag way, then complained about noise. Owner tried to work with the neighbors by changing the times of events so the noise wouldn't go late in the night, and also encouraged racer by offering them some sort of benefit if they raced through mufflers.
In the end, the dragstrip is still there and running...... If I mixed anything up in this story, then somebody here that races there can correct the facts.

Drag strip in my region had a serious battle with neighbors.... over noise. There are some here that may know more about this than I do, but Byron drag way in Byron, IL had legal battles to stay in business. To my understanding, folks built new homes around an existing drag way, then complained about noise. Owner tried to work with the neighbors by changing the times of events so the noise wouldn't go late in the night, and also encouraged racer by offering them some sort of benefit if they raced through mufflers.
In the end, the dragstrip is still there and running...... If I mixed anything up in this story, then somebody here that races there can correct the facts.

People do that with with airports and gun ranges here because they can get a house and property cheaper, and then if they can ***** enough legally and have the offending noise or whatever gone their property value goes up.
They did that exact thing here with the fair grounds.
They moved the fair grounds out in the valley where there were no houses and then the first thing after that they built a new housing development right across the road and the residents are all bitching about the noise from the cars and trying to get it shut down so their profit goes up.

^^^^ well, the good news is the drag strip won, and they hold a lot of special events there including wheel standing competitions, among other events.

58499170.jpg

Pokie, pokie.

No, but seriously, Frankie.
We don't know all the facts.
But you know as well as I that it takes money to fight.
He's running out of money, I think.
And, unfortunately, the person with the most money and best lawyers usually win in court.
I've seen it.
Justice isn't blind to money in that way.
Besides that, and in a related sense, I've been told "you can't fight city hall".
Now whether that is the case or not, I feel sure that money might play a part in the outcome if he did try and fight in court.
Kelo v. City of New London - Wikipedia
All that to say, what I said in my post previous to yours.
My two cents........ and that's all the money I have.

Opinions, emotions, and personal feelings are meaningless. Zoning laws are the rule. If the building and the operations are legal according to the zoning, there is no problem, if it is not, then he will have to meet those zoning laws. PERIOD.

Whether we find anything wrong determines nothing, and means even less. What matter is: Is it legal? Does it meet the zoning laws.

IF it doesn't meet local zoning laws, he also has the option to challenge those laws, IN COURT, and even fight to have them changed. The reality is, he stands a good chance of winning such a battle, since he is not operating a "for profit" business.

Those two old bats spent 40g's on this so far! They must have bucks coming out of there a$$. Quick someone needs to latch on to one of these two!

Classic,

City/County says nothing wrong with his activities and the two continue on with the hunt...

If this man wins in court, I hope the judge adds to the ruling that the two plaintiffs need to reimburse him for all this legal costs, also a restraining order should be put against them so they can't go anywhere near Mr.Williams and his property.

People do that with with airports and gun ranges here because they can get a house and property cheaper, and then if they can ***** enough legally and have the offending noise or whatever gone their property value goes up.
They did that exact thing here with the fair grounds.
They moved the fair grounds out in the valley where there were no houses and then the first thing after that they built a new housing development right across the road and the residents are all bitching about the noise from the cars and trying to get it shut down so their profit goes up.

Same here. They started building these big fancy 500k+ houses (some are over 1 Mil) in subdivisions around the airport. My buddy manages a hangar out there, gets calls daily "You guys need to be quieter, don't let those planes be so loud" etc etc. Never mind he has ZERO control over the flights in and out. Its all airlines/private pilots who have federally sanctioned and approved flight plans and such. The county owns the airport. The houses are in the city. County and city hate each other (took them 15 years to agree to widen 1km of road on the county/city line). So poor suckers in their million dollar houses will still get woken up by dual turbo prop planes landing/taking off at 4/6 am.

Gun range had the same problem. It's down in the valley. Has been there in one form or another for almost 100 years, it was originally several kilometers outside the city. Before that it was above the valley. City originally had all the lots above the valley blocked off. Residential not allowed. Then they started opening them up. Wanted to sell the land. Make money. Well recently there was an incident. A bullet went through someones front window. There was uproar, the media crucified the range for putting people in danger (never mind the HUGE upgrades to safety, including 15M tall x 15M wide berms, a mile of new fencing, cameras that tap directly to the police station, etc etc). Ignoring that the range was there for LONG before the houses were. That really it's the city's fault for zoning houses up there. They said the range should have been moved 20/30 years ago when they started building houses up there. Blamed gun owners for being stubborn and refusing to change. When city hall held a meeting on it and so many gun owners showed up there was standing room only AND there was still 700+ supporters outside city hall. They called them "crazy" said they showed up in packs to "force" their way and "intimidate" city hall. Never mind right to assembly is a charter right. And we were just showing how many people use and support the range. Said gun owners needed to get with the times, that obviously we weren't being safe/the range wasn't safe because this happened. Media said the gun range should be used for something better, that more people would use. Ignoring that the range is so packed on weekends you can't find a spot to park, that more people use the range on average than 3/4 of the city supported museums/art galleries/etc. THEN it turned out, the bullet? Came from a cops gun, he was rolling around on the ground playing commando and pissing around with the boys. Letting rounds fly as he did. That shut a lot of people up. He was reprimanded, banned from the range (its owned by the fish and game, they let the cops use it as a courtesy) and I think that was it. All of a sudden the media went quiet. Haven't heard a story about the range in a few years now. People who live in the houses above still ***** and moan, the noise, loud rifles, etc etc.

In the end? Some people just love to ***** and complain. Even if that guy wasn't doing that work. They would just find something else to complain about.

That's why I bought a rear lot, with one neighbor with whom I share some of a driveway, and for whom I plow and take care of. She's awesome and leaves me alone. If you don't want people in your business - don't set up near them.

Those two snatches will move this up the judicial ladder. My guess is it's not over based on the interview those two vile piles of crap gave to the news.

There's an interesting reddit on the subject:

Apparently this judge has not only common sense, but also a sense of humour. Some of his addendums:

[75] Id. at 120 (Foulke). Foulke (one of the neighbour ladies) clearly believes that her horses create no odor, perhaps in the way my mother firmly believed that her children were handsome.

30 Perhaps Williams, like Moe Szyslak, finds “garage” effete and Frenchfied: Moe: The "garage"? Hey fellas, the "garage"! Well, ooh la di da, Mr. French Man. Homer: Well what do you call it? Moe: A car hole! See The Simpsons, The Springfield Connection (Fox television broadcast May 7, 1995).

I would have a hard time not laughing in court at the judge essentially saying "lady your own **** stinks".

Those two snatches will move this up the judicial ladder. My guess is it's not over based on the interview those two vile piles of crap gave to the news.

My guess is that they will be shot down in the higher courts as well!!

Oh oh boy those ladies need to stay out of it and his home not their home and land . What part they dont understand why is the world make him hard to pay something that he didnt do. All they want do is stop and worship on their feet okay you great Goddess and guess what it aint happen.

-
Back