neutral saftey with painless 8 circuit?

-

kempkan

Reaction score
Has anyone used a painless or any other aftermarket harness and wire in the neutral safety switch? I bought an 8 circuit and wired everything in and raced a few times until the tech guys asked if it would start in gear. Well it did. I need to wire it in. Do the relay boxes seperate on those to run the ground to the switch? Any other way I can do it a little easier?

We need more details. What is your starter circuit? If you are using a factory starter relay, everything (except maybe wire) is already there -- the start relay, and the neutral safety switch, either on the Torqueflite, or the shifter.

Post a link to the SPECIFIC Painless you have, and detail how you hooked it up.

We need more details. What is your starter circuit? If you are using a factory starter relay, everything (except maybe wire) is already there -- the start relay, and the neutral safety switch, either on the Torqueflite, or the shifter.

Post a link to the SPECIFIC Painless you have, and detail how you hooked it up.

X2...the rooster comb in the auto trans connects only in park & neutral and goes through neutral safety switch then through wire to starter relay so will only start in Park & neutral....I used an aftermarket universal T-4 harness but it doesn't matter what harness you use....Main thing is you need a starter relay with NSS connection and NSS on trans .....If you have the factory rubber cap with molded wires right in, the Brown wire in the center is the NSS wire connect to the relay

-
Back