Never know what you'll pass on the Interstate...

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Stuff like this makes me wonder whether other folks are braver than I am or just partially crazy.

I was heading to a work location the other day, traveling north on I-75 about halfway between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Traffic was fairly heavy, and the right lane was traveling somewhat slower than the left.

As I drove along in the left lane, I came upon a late 70's Dodge Mini-Motorhome, the short one with a van front-end. With Indiana plates. Driven by a woman. By herself.

It had the old-style front on it, the one that lasted through about 1978 or so, so it was that old. Nice looking rig. The lady was not heading toward Indiana..to do so she would have to pick up I-40 west outside of K'ville, head up, over and down the Cumberland plateau to Nashville, then north.

Maybe you DON'T need a big pair to drive old Mopars on trips like that by yourself:D

I ran into an old Cortez motor home on a camp out last year. Still had the side or updraft carb on it (whatever it was) but the water pump was toast, he had the radiator out right at his camp site. Offered to assist but he already had a slant pump on its way. Old dude with old wife, they were still having fun! He told me he repaired a pump wet bearing with a leather boot lace once enough to get him to town. Dont know about that but who am I to judge....?

-
Back