new 22"rad , New fan?

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just replaced the 19" rad in my V8 65 Dart wit a 22". The rad fits great. The spacer behind the fan is too wide with the thicker rad so the fan will not clear. I thought the fan/spacer came apart so my plan was to get a shorter spacer.....no dice on this one , they seem to be one unit.
Any suggestions?

is the spacer aluminum.......they are 2 piece....get after it...it'll come apart

Here is what I got, you guys sure this comes apart?

65 Vart 003.jpg

65 Vart 002.jpg

looks to be the same as mine and yes it came apart(could have been put together when the paint was still wet or jammed together) and they make short spacers and long ones

I think if he brings it in to far it gets to close to something
There always is the electric way out.

Can someone with the MoPaR viscous kit or the hayden kit measure how much space it takes from the front of the pulley out towards the rad.

Thanks. sorry but this is driving me nuts.

hkeller, did you get the 6 blade fan with it as well?

It's my original fan. I will measure when I get home. Everyhing fits perfect the hayden clutch fan comes with a bushing that fits on the end of the water pump. Pretty reasonable too I think it was around 45.00 at autozone.
Hkeller

Yes that hub comes off, she's just tight on the nose piece that centers the fan to the hub. If she's to wide (fans to close to rad) figure how much and take the hub to a machine shop and machine the required amount off the face that's in the photo, that's what I did.

Terry

If anything measure and find out how much spacing you need... then have the spacer cut at a machine shop. Shorter bolts will be needed more than likely.

Can someone with the MoPaR viscous kit or the hayden kit measure how much space it takes from the front of the pulley out towards the rad.

I have a Mopar Performance viscous fan package on my car and it is 3" from water pump pulley to end of fan clutch.

Looks like you have the long spacer. Chrysler makes like three different size spacers. Find the short spacer and your done. Seen them on e-bay quiet often.

-
Back