New 63 Dart Convertible Owner..Help needed!

-

Amazing_Grace

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm Lisa...and the Very, very proud owner of a new 1963 Dart....We saw her in a field and I had to have her. I named her Grace.

First of all, I am soooo glad that I found this site. We also have a 1960 Impala (Beauty), and it is soooo easy to find parts for the Chevy.

But I am having a horrible time finding parts for Grace! I will not be able to pick her up until September. She is a 270 with 225. Can you guys help me lead me to where I can find interior kits...I reeeeeeally, reeeeallly would like to find a steering wheel.

She is in pretty good condition. Needs a new top. Rear end has some damage...We will see. I want to make her my daily driver.

There is a 64 4 door for parts on ebay. Has the stock steering wheel and some other parts you may need. Item number 150356826719 but the auction ends in 22 hours. Don't know if that helps you any.

Welcome aboard Lisa. Legendary Interiors should have what you need for your interior and probably the top also. Also, check the Car Parts For Sale forum on here. Good luck.

Hey all!

Thanks for the replies. That helps a lot! I will post some pics today!

I restored my old steering wheel, by filling the cracks with hot glue and then sanding and painting with a vinyl paint.

enjoy and grats.

WOW this legendary interior site is great! You have no idea how much time that you saved me!

Legendary Auto Interiors does not have the door panels for '63.

JustDashes does.

Just make sure the carpet used is the original color withe the black fleck running through it. I believe it's called Tuxedo carpet. They'll argue their books show a solid color, but the books are wrong.

If JustDashes does not have the correct carpet, purchase it elsewhere and have it shipped to them for installation on the bottom of the door panels.

--Walt Jackson

Sorry for the late reply--I just joined though :)

I had trouble finding parts for my 63 convert as well when redoing it back in 99. I think more places make parts now. I gave up on the interior and just had a little shop near Phoenix do up some decent stuff for me. I also found a 64 4 door parts car that saved my butt regarding sheetmetal, and lastly I used the "rust free" old car salvage yards that are heavily advertised in Phoenix as well. I had to glue old broken lenses and emblems in a few cases, and I used an Eastwood kit to fix the steering wheel (it was basically putty, and then we sanded/dremeled, and then sprayed the wheel with the same paint we did the car with). How goes your 63 so far? Here's my interior shot of the locally done stuff.

File0006.jpg

-
Back