new 64 plymouth valiant rear bumper?

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering what I should do. My car was hit by an old guy at a carshow in a big ford galaxie, and his insurance company wants me to go and get a quote to fix the damage. Where the heck am I going to find a nice 64 Valiant rear bumper that I can show the shop to add to the estimate?

why are you hunting for parts or is it you giving the estimate to the insurance company? Body shops probably know more of where to get new parts than hunting the Internet, wouldn't ya think. And to top it off, go to the best shops and not your friend's shop if you want the job done without working for them on getting your parts. BTW, most chrome shops straighten bumpers to the max or know exactly where to get them new one's you speak of.

Ok, thank you! Forgive me, this is my first time dealing with this so Im kinda lost. Lol

hay adam when i got hit in my 64 val .. the insurance did it for me thay siad it was 500 for the bumper lol

I found a rear bumper for Goldie on ebay, if I recall I paid just under $500.

cuda mike can help you....706 337 4606 just sent him a core.....bonehead

If you just need a dollar amount to get an insurance check, you might try Bumper Boyz to see if they have any in stock.

I'm not endorsing them in any way but they are almost always at the major Mopar shows around here. (Mopar Nats for instance) They bring a truck load of re-chromed Mopar bumpers and some people even bring cores with them and trade them in on the spot.

Cuda Mike was mentioned earlier in the thread. I have seen him have rechromed rear bumpers on ebay. Right now he only has a front bumper on there but I guess the price would be about the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-P...ies&hash=item19d8b5e587&vxp=mtr#ht_265wt_1021

That should give you a ballpark, but call him and I'm sure you'll get a written offer for a restored rear bumper to show the insurance company.

They are pretty good, the previous owner of my '65 wagon bought both bumpers from him.

Good luck!

-
Back