New 68 Dart project

-

65 Valiant

Reaction score
Hi guys,

after selling my Ray Barton Hemi, i plan to build up a nice and streetable BB car.

this picture shows how it looks before:

and after:

all of the rest, except the 12x15 rear wheels,the shifter and the 727 full manual will stay. The car is in very good shape,no rust issues and built very tough.

some impressions:

i`ve already found the parts that i need to get the column shifter rework. I don`t want to install any aftermarket floor shifters. They look poor.
a buddy will build a nice driveable 727 with a 11" torque converter with about 2400-2600 stall.
i can use my old drive shaft and the very stiffy Dana 60 in the rear! so no modifications:

wheels will change from 12x15 into 10x15 with extension plates.

interior and cage will stay as is.

trunk will stay as is, except the fuel pump-i will run a mechanical one.

shifter is disassembled right now. trans will follow within the next 2 or 3 weeks. the engine is planned right now. complete new 440 bored 0.30 over. for this engine i am looking for a nice crossram intake. could be from A&A,MP etc. good used condition. New ones are so expensive ;-)

more infos will follow...

Wow, looks like you've got a real nice start already. Why'd you get rid of the Ray Barton motor? I bet that was one bad mother.

With the Ray Barton engine the car was not what i call "driveable".
We had some problems with the engine,especially with the valves and the engine does not run really good with the Barton intake and the 1050 dominator. And i got a good offer for the engine.

I think with the 440 and its MW intake it will be more street friendly.

Who has knowledge which headers are the best? should i use HP manifolds or headers??

Like you see i have a Magnumforce coil over K-member and a rack and pinion steering. engine will be bolt in with a engine plate.
Is there enough space for headers?

any thoughts on a *coffee getter* Hemi?

since it is set-up for it
9.7 compression
70-71 hydralic camshaft specs

....a driver

there are many pros and cons to drive to Burger King with a Barton Hemi but i need the money to throw it in my business.
I planed to sell the complete car but nobody wanted it. The rolling body without engine-no one wanted it, so i build a nice BB car. The car is in such a good shape-no major modifications. Just hang in the engine and new trans,new wheels at the rear....-BRRRRRRRROOOOOAAAMM :))

Did you buy this from a guy in Brooklyn, NY? Car looks familiar, saw it for sale a while back.

Looks cool in any event. Should fly.

That's a nice looking valiant. And yeah, I can imagine the looks you'd get pulling through the drive-thru with that thing. Looked solid as it started, can't wait to see what you do with it.

-
Back