new 69 dart 340 swinger?

-

tet68

Reaction score
69 340 swinger 68 69 roadrunner superbee bought new no options these were package cars if you bought one with no options you got a hi po engine 4 speed tranny heavy suspension and brakes window sticker would show top line base price. bottom line shipping. no charges in between for a total of about 2900.00.as in the case of the 68 runner were there any muscle cars you could order where you got the big block 4 speed with out any options being added to car?mostly the platform these cars were built would come 6 cyl 3 speeds with no options

Remember that was over 40 years ago.I worked at a Dodge dealer then. You could walk in and order just about anything you wanted back then.You just had to have a salesman(usually the salesman was the owner) that would check off the right boxes. Their biggest fear was getting stuck with a car that nobody would want. That is why some people argue over things that weren't ever built. I always say "Never say never when it comes to Ma Mopar". Our dealer was well known for buying from the sales pool and we got in alot of cars that were factory screw ups that came down the assembly line.Things got worse in the mid 70's due to strikes and Chrysler almost going bellyup.Quality control was non-existant.Getting back to the 60's I'm sure you remember hearing and reading about 273 Hypo 4 door Darts and 4 door Coronets with Hemis to name a few.

agreed you could option about anything but we are talking no option cars that came with big engine and 4 speed

I met an original owner of a 66 chevrolet belair. the man ordered the car with the l-72 option and nothing else. I saw this car in stock condition and it was totally stripped except for the big block 427 package and a four speed ,so chrysler surely wasn't he first one to do this. however , i feel that chysler did the best job of marketing the go-fast stripper !

all gms with no options were mostly 3 speed 6 cyl cars even the gto 4 speed was an option buick Pontiacs were small block without options

-
Back